- Minimum age of 18 and must pass a drug test.
- Must be able to obtain a class B driver’s license within 90 days of hire.
- Must be a certified firefighter by TCFP or SFFMA and have current TDSHS EMT-B certification.
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 within 90 days of hire.
- Required to work one 12-hour night shift per week.
- Maximum of two 12 hour shifts per week.
- Must attend 50% of Tuesday night meetings and RCFD events.
- Must pass the Physical Ability Test.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of the Royse City Fire Station.
- All applicants are required to submit a City Application with required documentation
- Physical Ability Test
- Personal History Statement
- Oral Review Board
- Chief’s Interview
- Successful completion of Drug Screening
(A thorough background investigation is conducted on all applicants. Any misrepresentation or vital omissions on the application will be grounds for rejection or future dismissal if appointed.)
- Appointed as a probationary firefighter
For questions regarding employment with the Royse City Fire Department, please contact Captain Brad Bixler at (972) 524-4848 during business hours, Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm or email at firstname.lastname@example.org