VHS/DVD/CD General Policy
- By law you may not duplicate VHS/DVD/CDs in part or entirety.
- By law, these VHS/DVD/CDs may not be used for commercial or theatrical distribution and cannot be broadcast or cablecast.
- By law you may not show most VHS/DVD/CDs in a public place, without a public performance licence. According to copyright law, a public performance is one that takes place outside the home or in any place where a substantial number of persons outside the normal circle of family and its social acquaintance is gathered. C.F. Goodwin Library holds a public performance license, and certain titles may be shown to the public in the library.
- The borrower accepts responsibility for the care of any VHS/DVD/CDs borrowed and for determining the appropriate audience for content.
- Neither the Northeast Texas Library System nor the Royse City Library is responsible for damage caused to a borrower’s equipment by playing the VHS/DVD/CDs.
- Neither the Northeast Texas Library System nor the Royse City Library is responsible for any changes made to the content of the VHS/DVD/CD (i.e. inserted graffiti)
- Late fines are $1.00 per day per VHS/DVD/CD up to the cost of the replacement value of the item; limit is 3 items per card.