Public Information Request

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to request documents from the city. State law allows the city to designate a person that is authorized to receive email or faxed requests for open records. If a city makes such a designation, the Public Information Act is only activated if the request is directed to the assigned individual.  Resolution No. 08-06-663R designates the City Secretary as the Officer for Public Information for the City of Royse City.

To obtain documents, one must submit a written request (Public Information Request Form (PDF)) (Public Information Request Form for Police Department (PDF))to the City Secretary's Office that includes specific information and detail regarding the requested information to allow staff to identify and locate the requested items. If the request is vague or City staff cannot determine what information would be responsive to the request as drafted, the City of Royse City may ask you to clarify your request in order to determine specifically what records are responsive. All government information is presumed to be available to the public, but certain exceptions may apply. The request must be made for records or information in existence. The Texas Public Information Act does not require the City to create new documents, create statistics or other analyses, perform legal research, answer questions, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic bases. State law allows the city to recover costs associated with open records requests. These are set rates through the Texas Administrative Code.

To make a public information request, you may submit it to:

  • City of Royse City - City Hall 
    City Secretary's Office
    305 N Arch Street
    P.O. Box 638
    Royse City, TX 75189
  • Fax: 972-635-2434
  • Email Deborah Sorensen

Crash Report Request Form (PDF) shall be submitted to the Royse City Police Department.  Certified Copy of Peace Officer's Crash Report (CR-3) for crash reports are available online for a fee at