The Royse City Fire Department is not currently accepting applications for Firefighters. Review current City of Royse City openings by visiting the Employment Opportunities page.
The Applicant must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. The Applicant must possess a valid State of Texas Class C driver’s license or be able to obtain a valid State of Texas Class C driver’s license upon hiring.
In addition, must meet the following requirements:
- Basic Structure Fire Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and a minimum EMS certification as an EMT, Paramedic certified applicants are preferred.
The City of Royse City offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (with city match contribution 2 to 1)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Floating Holiday
- Longevity Pay $5 per month for fulltime and $2.50 for part-time employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Tuition Reimbursement
Salary Range Certified Firefighter/EMT/Paramedic: $51,587.86 to $67,310.45 with additional incentive pay for the following:
- 10 Step Pay Plan
- TCFP Firefighter Certification for Intermediate and above
- Associates, Bachelors or Masters College Degree
Job Description Information
- Assistant Chief/Fire Marshal
- Fire Chief
- Physical Agility Test
- Interview with the Applicant Review Board
- Background Investigation
- Medical Physical
- Drug Screening
- Fire Chief Interview
Physical Agility Test
- Event 1: Keizer Sled
- Event 2: Stair Climb with high-rise pack
- Event 3: Hose Drag Hoist
- Event 4: Equipment Carry (ladders/2 saws/hydraulic tools)
- Event 5: Charged 1.75” hose line advance
- Event 6: Dummy Drag
- Event 7: 3” Hose Crawl
- Maximum Time Allotment: 9 minutes 30 seconds
- Royse City Fire Department Physical Agility Test Video
- Royse City Fire Department PAT Instructional Guide (PDF)
For information about the Royse City Fire Department please email Fire Administration, visit the Fire Department page, or you may contact the Fire Department Administration at 972-524-4820. Apply online at the Government Jobs website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Royse City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Royse City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.