Registered Sex Offenders
Under Texas law, people convicted of certain sex offenses must register with the local law enforcement agency where they reside. The law also requires the law enforcement agency that registers the convicted offender to notify the public of the offender’s presence in the community, through a notice printed in the local newspaper or through a specialized local website. In Royse City, the public is informed through our Police website.
If you have a concern, question or belief that the provided information contains any errors, please contact the Sex Offender Compliance Unit of the Royse City Police Department at (972) 636-9422, write the Royse City Police Department, Attn: Sex Offender Compliance Unit, at 100 West Main Street, Royse City, TX 75189, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sex Offenders needing to register, verify, notify, or update any information will need to email Officer Mason #744 at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Warning The Royse City Police Department updates this information periodically as required by law. Therefore, the provided information may not be current. Royse City Police Department shall not be responsible for any data errors or omissions. Any person who uses the information to injure, harass, or commit a criminal act against any individual will be subject to criminal prosecution.
KEEPING OUR CITIZENS INFORMED
In an effort to further keep the citizens of Royse City informed, the Royse City Police Department has included several helpful links which will provide more information on Sex Offenders in the area.
- Royse City Sex Offender List. This link provides a list of Registered Sex Offenders residing in the city limits of Royse City and basic information on each Registered Sex Offender.
- Child Safety Zone Map. This map shows the areas within Royse City that are prohibited for Registered Sex Offenders to live according to Article 8.03 of the Royse City Ordinances.
- Texas DPS Public Sex Offender Website. Citizens may search for more in-depth information on Registered Sex Offenders by using the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) website. Included in the DPS website is an interactive Sex Offender Map, additional public information about each Sex Offender, and other matters of interest.
- A free web-based alert system can be found at Family Watchdog.
- Complete Sex Offender Registration requirements can be found at Texas Code of Criminal Procedure (CCP) Chapter 62.
- The city ordinance for Royse City that describes where Registered Sex Offenders can reside can be found at Sex Offender Residency Restrictions (PDF).
- FAQ. Please, refer to this document for frequently asked questions.