IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE UTILITY DEPARTMENT!
All debit/credit card processing fees for utility payments paid ONLINE have been temporarily waived. Fee still applies to payments made in the office. For further assistance contact the Utility Department at 972-636-2250.
Customer Service provides the following services for the Residents of Royse City:
Opening and closing water utility accounts. (Changing account information)
Scheduling of residential Home Occupancy inspections.
Set up automatic bank draft.
Take Utility payments for water accounts
Provides meter reading, billing and collection services for water utilities.
Answers questions/concerns in regards to Sanitation Services. (Inside City Limits only)
Reserving City Facilities
Prepares work orders for Public Works for the following areas:
- Broken Meter box
- Line locates
- Pot hole (residential streets)
- Pressure test
- Sewer back up
- Sign maintenance
- Street maintenance
- Fire hydrant meter hook ups for Commercial use
- Right of Way Permits
|Office Hours||Monday-Friday 8am-5pm|
AFTER Hours Water/Sewer EMERGENCIES….214-794-2888
Utility payments can be made:
- In person at 305 N Arch Street inside City Hall
- Mailed to PO Box 638, Royse City, TX. 75189
- Placed in the night drop box located across the street from City Hall underneath the light pole.
- For your convenience online bill pay is available by clicking HERE. You will need your account number and pin number located on the front of your bill. Be aware a 3.5% processing fee is charged for debit/credit card transactions. (Fee applies to all card transactions, online or paid in the office.)
- Set up automatic bank draft in the Utility Department
All bills are due by 5:oo pm on the 15th
New Service Set Up for H2O, Sewer, and Trash Service
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- Fill out the utility application in its entirety. Application is located on the city website at roysecity.com from the Utility/Water Department tab.
- Provide a copy of your Government issued ID.
- Provide at least (1) of the following documents for proof of residency or occupancy: Copy of signed lease agreement, signed contract, signed closing disclosure or notarized deed.
- Security deposit of $100.00 per account for residential and $175.00 for commercial is required per city ordinance.
If you are transferring service the security deposit will transfer to the new account.
Returning residents with a delinquent balance from a previous account must pay the balance and the security deposit for new activation.
- Business accounts must provide a copy of the TAX ID certificate or the SS-4 letter assigning the company the EIN#. We do not accept the W-9 form.
Home Occupancy Inspection Fees and Procedures (Pre-Existing Homes Only)
If you are purchasing, renting or leasing a pre-existing home, mobile home, manufactured home, apartment or duplex within the city limits of Royse City you are required per City Ordinance
06-12-541 to schedule a Certificate of Home Occupancy Inspection (HO). The inspection is performed by the City Fire Inspector to check the electrical in the home to ensure it meets City code.
The HO inspection fee is a $75.00 non-refundable fee.
Inspection fee includes initial inspection and one re-inspect if needed. Any missed appointments will be considered as a scheduled inspection. If a 3rd appointment is necessary the utility account will be charged an additional $75.00 re-inspect fee. The HO inspection is valid for 60 days after residence passes inspection. If the home remains unoccupied for 60 days after the inspection a new inspection will be required
Email all required documents to email@example.com or fax 972-635-2319.
Once all documents have been received and processed you will be contacted with instruction on how to pay the security deposit and inspection fee if applicable.
For any further assistance contact us at 972-636-2250, select zero at the recording.