The City Secretary is the election official for the city and oversees the administration of city elections to ensure compliance with all city, state, and federal election laws and policies and to ensure that city elections are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.  All City Elections are managed by the City Secretary through the Rockwall County Elections Administrator.

The City of Royse City is located within 3 counties: Rockwall, Hunt, and Collin.  City elections are held at City Hall on the first Saturday in May.  In odd numbered years the Mayor and City Council Place 1, 3, and 5 are elected and in even numbered years, City Council Place 2, 4, and 6 are elected.  The Mayor and City Council are elected at-large.  The Mayor and City Council are elected for a two year term.


The next Election Day is May 7, 2022 to be held at City Hall, Mellody Room, 305 N. Arch Street, Royse City, Texas 75189.

Filing dates for Application for Place on Ballot – January 19, 2022 through February 18, 2022 by 5 pm.

Qualifications to run for City Council 

  • Shall be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election;
  • Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City for at least 12 months prior to the filing date;
  • Shall not at the time of filing or while in office, be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after the expiration of 30 days following the providing of notice of any delinquency;
  • No candidate may file in a single election for more than 1 elective office or position;
  • No employee of the City shall continue in such position after filing for an elective City office;
  • The office of an incumbent elected City official shall become vacant when the person holding such office files an application to have his/her name placed on an official ballot as a candidate for any elective public office other than the one such person holds, unless otherwise prohibited by law;
  • Shall comply with all other City ordinances and/or resolutions that may be applicable; and
  • Shall be a qualified voter

For more information on how to register to vote:

For Voters in Rockwall County: 


For Voters in Hunt County: 


For Voters in Collin County: