Public Information Requests

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to request documents from the City.  The City of Royse City’s designated Records Management Officer is the City Secretary.

To obtain documents, one must submit a written request (Public Information Request Form) to the City Secretary’s Office that includes ample information and detail regarding the requested information to allow staff to identify and locate the requested items.  All government information is presumed to be available to the public, but certain exceptions may apply.  The request must be made for records or information in existence.  The Texas Public Information Act does not require the City to create new information, prepare research or answer questions.  The City may collect a fee as prescribed by law for the requested documents.

To make a public information request (form available here), you may submit to City of Royse City – City Hall, City Secretary’s Office, 305 N. Arch Street/ PO Box 638, Royse City, 75189, by fax (972)635-2434, or by email


For more information regarding public information requests, please contact the City Secretary’s office at (972)524-4825.