Public Information Requests

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to request documents from the City. The City of Royse City's designated Records Management Officer is the City Secretary.

To obtain documents, one must submit a written request (Public Information Request Form (PDF)) to the City Secretary's Office that includes ample information and detail regarding the requested information to allow staff to identify and locate the requested items. All government information is presumed to be available to the public, but certain exceptions may apply. The request must be made for records or information in existence. The Texas Public Information Act does not require the City to create new information, prepare a research or answer questions. The City may collect a fee as prescribed by law for the requested documents.

To make a public information request (form available online (PDF)), you may submit it to:

  • City of Royse City - City Hall 
    City Secretary's Office
    305 N Arch Street
    P.O. Box 638
    Royse City, TX 75189
  • Fax: 972-635-2434
  • Email Deborah Sorensen

Crash Report Request Form (PDF) shall be submitted to the Royse City Police Department.  Certified Copy of Peace Officer's Crash Report (CR-3) for crash reports are available online for a fee at