The building inspection division's primary responsibilities are the administration of building, zoning, and property maintenance ordinances of the city. The application of building code and zoning regulations, building location, use, sign regulations, fencing, yards, and open space is achieved by coordinating development activities such as plan review, permits, inspections, and by providing assistance with the development process to citizens.
Plan Review Process
- Plan review will take up to 10 business days. All feedback will be provided to the contact name listed on the permit application.
- Once Permit is approved, the contact for the project will be notified by the Development Services Department. Payment for the permit can be made when the permit is picked up from City Hall.
- No work may begin until the permit has been issued.
- Once a permit is issued, inspections can be requested via MyGov or by calling 972-524-4832, ext. 4823
- Inspection requests must be received by 4 pm for next day inspection
- Any questions can be emailed to permits