Contractor Information

For an overview of our commercial inspection process, please refer to the Commercial Fire Inspection Guidelines (PDF)

Quick Links                                                                                             


The Fire Marshal’s Office assists in development by sitting on the Development Review Committee (DRC) with other departments within the city. The DRC attempts to identify and resolve code issues in the earliest stages of a project. Request to meet with the DRC by completing the DRC Pre-Application (PDF).   

Plan Review, Permitting, and Inspection Process

Step 1 - Refer to our Fire Permit Application (PDF) to determine if Third Party Plan Review (PDF) is required prior to plan submittal. On the last page, you will find a list of approved Third Party Review Firms

Step 2 - Each type of permit has an associated guideline document to assist you with submittal requirements, code compliance, and related inspection requirements. Please carefully read the associated guideline document prior to submittal

Step 3 -Plans, fire permits, third-party review, and other required documentation shall be submitted via MyGov. If you are not set up as a collaborator with MyGov, you will need to create an account. Click here for instructions on how to become a collaborator with MyGov. If you need additional assistance, call 972.524.4819 or email

Step 4 - Once plans are reviewed and accepted, you will submit payment for plan review either in person at 305 N. Arch St., Royse City, TX 75189, by mail via check, or online at MyGov

Checks are payable to the City of Royse City
Mail to:
Attn: Royse City Fire Marshal’s Office
PO Box 638
Royse City, TX 75189

Step 5 - Once work has been completed, call for inspection at 972.524.4819 or email Review the corresponding Guidelines for inspections required for your project.

Fire inspection and acceptance testing are required on all permitted submittals. Refer to our Commercial Fire Inspections Guidelines (PDF) for details and requirements for scheduling inspections. Any violations are documented and require reinspection until a passing inspection is obtained. A Construction Final and Certificate of Occupancy are required prior to occupancy.

Hydrant Flow Tests

Flow tests are required to be witnessed by the Royse City Fire Marshal’s Office and Public Works Department. Contact our office to schedule by calling 972.524.4819 or emailing

Commercial Open Burning

Permits are required for commercial open burning and trench burning for commercial property land clearing only. Trench burning also requires a GOP permit from TCEQ.

Burn permit application and other required documentation shall be submitted via MyGov.